Friday, November 6, 2009

'Twas The Night Before The Birthday

It's the night before the birthday
and all through the house
not a creature is sleeping because of the sound.
The crying and wailing have mellowed out now
It's turned into sobs that must stop some how.
I'm told kids love birthdays.
They're not afraid to age.
They gets lots of gifts and parties, hooray.
But my Ali, though as sweet as can be,
wants to be always a baby to me.
No word of comfort or hope will do
her worry and anguish still continue.
She is still young, it's only her seventh
I hope she gets over it before her eleventh.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Great poem! I hope the birthday goes well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a great poem, it made me laugh =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the drama of little girls. Kate started crying because she thinks Ali will like Hadley's present better.
    It is going to be a long haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute poem! poor ali....when i was her age whenever i saw home videos i cried cuz i didnt want to grow up!

    ReplyDelete