Saturday, November 7, 2009

Ali's 7th Birhtday




Ali is 7 years old!!
I am such a sap, I know, but my kids birthdays always make me think back to when they were born.
November 7th, 2002
I remember the text book first labor contractions, the no-time-for-an-epidural length labor.
I remember my sweet baby girl laying on my chest, wrapped in blankets after delivery, with no diaper, pooping.
I remember not caring at all about the mess.
I remember my disbelief at having a daughter and what a good baby she was.
I remember more experienced parents telling me to savor the moments because they would fly by.
I see now that they were right.
I am trying.
--------------------------
We have a tradition in our house that the birthday girl or boy gets to have a special breakfast date with their dad.
It was the highlight of Ali's day!
------------------------------Ali with her new Baby Alive doll. She named her Aaliyah after one of her very special friends.
----------------------------------
Birthday Party Fun!!!

2 comments:

  1. fun! i always go out with my dad to Denny's! how was the party?? looks like u had a pretty good group!! "for she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellooooowwwww, happy birthday to ali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and what a great tradition, that I'm sure she will cherish years from now when she's all grown up. Gosh cousin! You've such a beautiful family =)

    ReplyDelete