Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Terrific Tuesday!

It's Tuesday!
I live for Tuesday!
Tuesday is Mom day in our house every week.
Not to be confused with Mother's day.
My mom, the wonderful, helpful, selfless woman that she is, quit her job four years ago so she could help out her husband and kids in their lives instead.
Tuesday is the day that I get to have that Superwoman's help.
She will show up at my home around nine or ten in the morning, often bearing gifts such as coffee from Thomas Hammer and a lunch she "threw" together so I wouldn't have to bother myself.
Then she proceeds to help in any way I see fit, ie: bathe the kids, do school, take Emmie on a walk, or babysit while I run errand like a single, childless woman.
She is truly amazing and such a blessing!
And she never, ever complains!
She just smiles and gets to work!
She will be at our house until around five thirty tonight, when I get back from therapy with Emmie.
It's a long day and every week I tell myself to appreciate it and enjoy it because no one in their right mind would continue to do this week after week.
But she keeps coming back, like clockwork.
I love it!
And I love my mom!
Thank you Mom!!



3 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome!!! and what great memories for the kids and precious learning time for them with their grandmother. that must be where you get your kind heart! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a huge blessing she is! And at the end of the day I am sure poor Emmie will cry when Grandma leaves!

    ReplyDelete