Sunday, November 8, 2009

Surprise! Surprise!


Time to move on.
Time to get goin'.
What lies ahead we have no way of knowin'.
In the spirit of the Lumberjack's Wife... name that tune.

This is the truck that my dad and his wife bought almost eleven years ago.
I remember it clearly.
It was during my engagement to my car obsessed man.
He was soooooo jealous of this truck.
I guess he was still living in the delirium of belief that I shared ALL of his heart's desires.
At my bridal shower we played a game where I had to try to answer a bunch of questions the same way Jason had.
One of the questions was "What is Alisa's dream car?"
Jason's answer... "A black 1997 extra-cab GMC truck."
We got that one wrong.

But anyways...

Nine years later we bought the black 1997 extra-cab GMC truck from my parents.
Oh happy day (for Jason, that is)!
And now he has driven this beauty for the last 1 1/2 years! I know that might not sound like a big deal but you don't get to own five dozen cars in twenty years by just hanging on to a truck like that.
Well, he really wants a car now not a truck.
It just makes more sense with all the driving he does for work.

So, once again the cycle starts.
Pray for me.

3 comments:

  1. did that same guy end up buying it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No the guy from yesterday still hasn't decided if he wants it or not. Jason is showing it to some people from Canada right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear. And sadly, I do not know that tune, so I cannot win this game. :(

    ReplyDelete