Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sicky Girlies

Fever here...
Fever there...
Fever, fever everywhere.
I went against all good fashion judgment last night.
Katie woke up, just as I was going to bed, with a fever of 103 and I was out of ibuprofen.
I was so tired that I just threw my coat over the top of my polka dot jammies, left my slippers on and went to Wal Mart.
It was a very restless night and today has not been much better.
Now all the girls have fevers and sore throats.
I have to admit that I am a bigger baby than the kids when they are sick.
I hate sleepless nights, I hate the whining and fussing, I hate having to fetch medicine and take temperatures all day.
I hate that I had to pass up a play date Melissa and her kids and a visit with Sunny today.
And, we had to cancel home group.
I really look forward to being around other adults.
Bummer.
Hopefully this is a quick little bug that the kids have and no one else in the family gets it.
In the mean time I am going to try very hard to be compassionate and remember that they don't like being sick either.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate cancelling things and I hate when kids are sick. I hope it does not last long! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry the girls are sick. :-( We will be praying for a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw too bad. hope they get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alisa!!! I didn't even ask you about your sick babies this morning - what a terrible friend I am! No wonder you needed a little more sleep this morning! Lets make up that play date next week! :-) I hope everyone is feeling better SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ain't nuthin' worse than sick kids - unless they have the pukey, diarheeeeea kind of sick. That's definately worse....

    ReplyDelete