Saturday, August 22, 2009

Carrott Beet Juice. Um.... no thanks.



We had the great pleasure of having dinner at Josh and Melissa's this evening. We love being with them.The kiddos all love being together with their cousins. And there is always sure to be something exciting. Today the excitement was the juice. Josh says you can juice pretty much anything. So he stuffed a whole bunch of carrots and beets from their garden through the juicer and sure enough... juice! Now, I do not like beets and (surprise) they actually don't taste any better after being thoroughly smashed into juice. Jason tried very hard to politely drink the healthy concoction. But there's only so much of that stuff you can swallow without gagging.

Katie and Caleb, however, very much enjoyed the beets and carrots in a cup. Are they not just the cutest three year olds ever???

Anyways, it was a great time. And we did eat other foods which, although slightly less healthy, were extremely tasty.

3 comments:

  1. what brave kids!! I am loving your blog, keep the posts coming! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... Does not sound good at all! Surprised the kids enjoyed it - of course kids also eat glue!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, beets are nasty ~ they taste just like DIRT! I do love the way they turn things pink though, so I have tried to like them.;-) I made french toast once with beet puree. It was the lovliest french toast we ever had ~ still tasted like dirt. I am glad you are blogging again. Love seeing the those cutie kidlets. Cracked me up with the Target tale, and almost made me cry with that wedding post! Looking forward to more. See you Thursday ~ take care o' you!

    ReplyDelete