Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Yummy Cookies

I got this yummy recipe from my sister in law, Melissa. It's super easy and healthy too so I thought I would share it.

Peanut Butter Cookies

3/4 C peanut butter (I use natural peanut butter but you can use whatever you have on hand)
1/2 C olive oil
1/2 - 1 C honey (I just use the1/2 C and I think it's plenty sweet)
3 Tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 C whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda

Place peanut butter, oil, honey, milk and vanilla in a bowl and mix until blended. Add the egg and mix. In another bowl combine flour, salt and soda. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet, mix well. Drop by spoonfulls onto ungreased baking sheet, flatten with a fork. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Enjoy with a big glass of milk!!

3 comments:

  1. yum! i am going to try these as soon as i figure out where to get some wheat pastry flour....pathetic, right??! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get whole wheat pastry flour in the baking aisle at Super One. I buy the Bob's Red Mill brand. It's by the wheat bran and such:)Also, you could definitely just use regular flour for this recipe, I think that's actually how my sister in law makes them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look tasty! And easy. I might have to make some for home group tomorrow night. =)

    ReplyDelete