Jason has his phone set up to make some kind of noise every time that he gets an email either on his work email or home email. Very annoying. Especially annoying when he forgets to silence it at night.
Last night the silly thing was buzzing and singing quite a lot. At some point, in my sleepiness, I woke my peacefully sleeping husband to point out that he needed to tend to this problem.
Me " Hey your phone is doing something."
Him "hhmmph"
Me "Babe! Can you please turn it off?"
Him "ALISA! Make it stop!"
Me "Why are you yelling at me? It's your phone."
Him "Turn it off NOW!"
Me "What are you talking about?"
Him "Just make the beeping stop! Not forever just for right now!"
Me "I'm confused"
Him "I'm trying to tell you that I don't like the beeping right now, maybe later."
Me "Whatever, goodnight."
Him "zzzzzzz, snore, snore, snore."
This morning I asked Jason why he was so upset and of course he didn't remember it at all. We are going to try very hard to remember to turn off the phone at night from now on. It's hard enough to try to make sense of regular arguments with Jason but I think it's actually impossible in the middle of the night.
Last night the silly thing was buzzing and singing quite a lot. At some point, in my sleepiness, I woke my peacefully sleeping husband to point out that he needed to tend to this problem.
Me " Hey your phone is doing something."
Him "hhmmph"
Me "Babe! Can you please turn it off?"
Him "ALISA! Make it stop!"
Me "Why are you yelling at me? It's your phone."
Him "Turn it off NOW!"
Me "What are you talking about?"
Him "Just make the beeping stop! Not forever just for right now!"
Me "I'm confused"
Him "I'm trying to tell you that I don't like the beeping right now, maybe later."
Me "Whatever, goodnight."
Him "zzzzzzz, snore, snore, snore."
This morning I asked Jason why he was so upset and of course he didn't remember it at all. We are going to try very hard to remember to turn off the phone at night from now on. It's hard enough to try to make sense of regular arguments with Jason but I think it's actually impossible in the middle of the night.

No comments:
Post a Comment