
Meet Herman!
He's our new hermit crab. We are really easing into this pet thing. We are letting the kids try out their pet care responsibilities on this little guy. He's kinda creepy and not at all cuddly like a puppy would be but it's a start I guess.
Riley and Ali are so excited, they just love him! They are doing so well at taking care of him. They have to change his food and water each day and spray him with water every few hours.
I'm hoping that he lives longer than the hermit crab I had as a third grader... I don't think that I knew he needed to eat or have clean water though so that may have contributed to his premature death!
He's our new hermit crab. We are really easing into this pet thing. We are letting the kids try out their pet care responsibilities on this little guy. He's kinda creepy and not at all cuddly like a puppy would be but it's a start I guess.
Riley and Ali are so excited, they just love him! They are doing so well at taking care of him. They have to change his food and water each day and spray him with water every few hours.
I'm hoping that he lives longer than the hermit crab I had as a third grader... I don't think that I knew he needed to eat or have clean water though so that may have contributed to his premature death!

spray with water every few hours??!! poor little guys wouldn't last long in our house - Sadie barely gets fed once a day! :-) we made rock pets today that I will try to post tomorrow if they are dry.
ReplyDeletePet rocks! That is what we should have started with!
ReplyDeleteHaving pets is such a great learning experience for a child. Helps them become responsible. I do remember crying my heart out though over ones that didn't survive!
ReplyDelete