Thursday, September 24, 2009

Still Going Strong

It's 2:30 and we are still on schedule!! Hooray!We flew through school this morning and were finished in time for me to splurge on a shower for myself.


I opted to wait on lunch until after the dentist since we had a late breakfast. That wasn't a well thought out plan because as soon as we left the house the kids were hungry. You know all responsible moms buy their kids a sugar filled cotton candy milkshake on the way to the dentist office.

Poor sweet Emmie! She didn't get a yummy milkshake.

My kids LOVE the dentist and who can blame them! They have two Game Cubes, Legos and a tunnel slide in the waiting room. And while they are in the chair they get to watch a movie on the ceiling TV with their own headphones. When they leave they get a prize bag and tokens for the machine which contains even more prizes.

They all did fabulous. No cavities!! They have never had any cavities but I am still worried about it because I know they get part of their genetic make up from me, not good in the dental department.

We may not be keeping the dentist in business with fillings but he is definately profiting from our messed up, over crowded weird mouths.
Ali has shark teeth. Her permanent teeth have come in and her baby teeth are not ready to fall out yet, so she has two rows of teeth. Super handy for her carnivorous diet. Dr. Dance said if they don't come out within the next two weeks she will have to get them pulled.
Riley. Oh where do I start? He is already being referred to the orthodontist. He is only eight remember. I did have braces at eight so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The dentist has already removed two of his teeth to make space but it doesn't appear to have been enough . His six year molars still can't come in, which is painful because they are pushing on his jaw bone trying to get through. He has to go back next week for some kind of procedure that the doctor invented especially for our strange mouthed son. Seriously, it doesn't have a name or medical code or anything, but it's supposed to make it so his molars can get through.
Katie was the super star patient today. She acted like such a big girl, she got her x-rays with no problems and happily watched Cars on the ceiling TV while they cleaned her teeth. She even got extra prizes because she listened to Dr. Dance at her last cleaning and stopped sucking her thumb. What a good girl!
Even Emmie got her tiny little teeth taken care of! I don't have pictures of her on the dentist table because, of course, my camera batteries died. But trust me, she was cute, and a good patient too.

So now, I am going to tackle the sink full of dirty dishes before piano while the big kids read and the little ones nap. Weird how doing dishes in a quiet kitchen is exciting at this stage in life!

1 comment:

  1. Not only are you wonderwoman, but you are freshly showered wonderwoman!

    ReplyDelete