Saturday, January 2, 2010

Such Precious Innocence

Katie "Does God like bad guys?"
Me "He loves them, he does not like when they act bad though."
Katie "I don't love them. They're bad."
Me "Do you ever do anything bad?"
Katie "No."
Me "Didn't you just hit your sister?"
Katie "Ummm, yes."
Me "God still loves you even though you weren't nice to your sister. When we do things that are not ok with God it's called sin. We all sin sometimes. God is holy so he can't be around our sin. That's why we need Jesus. He saves us from being away from God, he saves us from our sin."
Katie "Oh yes! I have Jesus! I can feel him inside me!"
Me "Oh? What does it feel like?"
Katie " He's in my tummy. He's tickling me."

6 comments:

  1. so sweet! i love that little katie girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! You did a good job of explaining sin too- I know some adults that need to learn that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. Reminds me of a conversation I had with my grandson once when I was explaining baptism - I mentioned that people murdered Jesus. He went home and told him mom and dad that somebody shot Jesus......

    ReplyDelete