Ok I think I'm back.
That whole posting every day in November challenge thing kind of made me blogophobic... yes, I know I failed the challenge but still.
Anyhow, I think I'm fully recovered and missing blogging, so here I am:)
-----------------------------
God has been working me over.
I mean really working me over.
The last month or two has been such a tough lesson about trusting God, waiting on him, and being stretched farther than I actually thought I could go without snapping right apart into two useless pieces.
But I didn't break and I am stronger, more confident and deeper in love with the Lord than ever.
It's funny how much we hate a good lesson but we love the wisdom it imparts.
I am reminded of all the tear filled reading lessons Riley and I have endured in the past.
Him feeling resistant to my demands to learn this crazy code of language.
And me feeling determined that if he would just do it, just go through the appropriate steps there would be a whole new world on the other side, one with a delightful knowledge.
I would tell him..."Just trust me. I know it's not fun right now but you need to know this in order to get to the place where you need to be."
Praise God that Riley did trust me and is now a true reader.
I think God blessed me with that experience so that I would have an insider's view when my role was switched out and I became the one with a big lesson to learn.
When God had to say to me..."Just trust me. I know it's not fun right now but you need to do this in order to get to where I want you to be."
I have so much more to learn.
But I am ever so grateful for the wisdom of God that He so generously imparts on us when we are stretched beyond our own sustainability.
I am so thankful to serve the Great and Mighty One, the One who would care enough about a renewed relationship to persevere with the difficult lessons and not give up on me.
--------------------------------
That whole posting every day in November challenge thing kind of made me blogophobic... yes, I know I failed the challenge but still.
Anyhow, I think I'm fully recovered and missing blogging, so here I am:)
-----------------------------
God has been working me over.
I mean really working me over.
The last month or two has been such a tough lesson about trusting God, waiting on him, and being stretched farther than I actually thought I could go without snapping right apart into two useless pieces.
But I didn't break and I am stronger, more confident and deeper in love with the Lord than ever.
It's funny how much we hate a good lesson but we love the wisdom it imparts.
I am reminded of all the tear filled reading lessons Riley and I have endured in the past.
Him feeling resistant to my demands to learn this crazy code of language.
And me feeling determined that if he would just do it, just go through the appropriate steps there would be a whole new world on the other side, one with a delightful knowledge.
I would tell him..."Just trust me. I know it's not fun right now but you need to know this in order to get to the place where you need to be."
Praise God that Riley did trust me and is now a true reader.
I think God blessed me with that experience so that I would have an insider's view when my role was switched out and I became the one with a big lesson to learn.
When God had to say to me..."Just trust me. I know it's not fun right now but you need to do this in order to get to where I want you to be."
I have so much more to learn.
But I am ever so grateful for the wisdom of God that He so generously imparts on us when we are stretched beyond our own sustainability.
I am so thankful to serve the Great and Mighty One, the One who would care enough about a renewed relationship to persevere with the difficult lessons and not give up on me.
--------------------------------
When I was a boy in my father's house,
still tender, and an only child of my mother,
still tender, and an only child of my mother,
he taught me and said,
"Lay hold of my words with all your heart;
keep my commands and you will live.
Get wisdom, get understanding;
do not forget my words or swerve from them.
Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you;
love her, and she will watch over you.
Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom.
Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
Esteem her, and she will exalt you;
embrace her, and she will honor you.
She will set a garland of grace on your head
and present you with a crown of splendor."
Proverbs 4: 3-9

I am glad you are back and I love this post! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing your heart, alisa! i am glad your "back at it" with the blog and you have been in my thoughts and prayers. love the new layout, by the way!! :-)
ReplyDeleteAwesome, Alisa! You are such a great mom!
ReplyDeleteWow, Alisa, thank you for sharing - being able to look back with wisdom and ahead with grace makes all the difference!
ReplyDelete